Junkyard uBITX #ubitx

Rob Snow

I've seen a ton of beautiful uBITX builds, I thought I'd add my junkyard build that I just completed earlier for the other end of the spectrum.  My wife was going to throw the tin away, so I grabbed it.  Some drilling and snips later and it is alive!  I've got the WX audio chip, so I installed a 8ohm + 8ohm speaker and am running it at 12.0v from 13.8v with a step down that is pictured.

Tried some 80m and 40m earlier, but it's pretty horrible tonight.  I could hear a few folks, but no response to CQ so far.

73
Rob
AG5OV