Re: RD16HHF1 power curve flattening...some

K9HZ <bill@...>

Hey Nick… did you make any progress?  I’ve been dying to dig into this but work keeps getting in the way of playing with my radios.  That’s gotta stop!

Something is up.  You can actually put another secondary winding on the PA transformer for negative feedback… That’s actually preferred.

I ran a couple simulations and the whole thing is stable without the feedback though (slightly lower gain though).

I sure like the 20+ watts out of those RD16 HHF1’s though and they are bullet proof.  I’ve never blown one out, and I’ve designed a lot of amplifiers with them and made a lot of mistakes with the “ON” switch in the “GO” position.

Owner - Operator

Big Signal Ranch – K9ZC

Staunton, Illinois

Owner – Operator

Villa Grand Piton – J68HZ

Soufriere, St. Lucia W.I.

Rent it: www.VillaGrandPiton.com

Like us on Facebook! facebook icon

Moderator – North American QRO Yahoo Group.

email:  bill@...