Re: Soldering gun or iron

Michael Hagen

Great Place for Solder and SMD Supplies!

72's Mike, WA6ISP

https://www.cmlsupply.com/

On 3/16/2018 3:27 PM, Roy Appleton wrote:
I don't do a lot of SMD projects and so I don't use a mask just manually apply the solder paste from a syringe that the paste came in. My advice is that you can't have too small a nozzle. In the attached photo I use the cone shaped one because the black one is too big. You'd be surprised how little paste you need before you make a big mess! My source for paste isn't available any more so don't have any suggestions but I'm sure it's not hard to find sources.

Roy
WA0YMH

On Mar 16, 2018 2:04 PM, "Christopher Miller" <djmalak2k6@...> wrote:
How do you apply the paste? I dont have a way to create a mask for a pcb. You also make a good point. If you have a heat gun you can use shrink wrap. Thats a great reason to get a hot air rework station with an iron.

--
Mike Hagen, WA6ISP
10917 Bryant Street