Re: TDA2228M

Mike Woods

Did you adjust the BFO?  They come way off frequency with audio as you describe.  Press the rotary encoder button and select Settings.  Press again when display reverts l and select BFO calibrate in the menu.

Mike

On Wed, 14 Mar 2018 at 6:57 AM, ae1ct1998 <AE1CT1998@...> wrote:
I WAS GIVEN A MICROBITX 40 RADIO WITH A BLOWN TDA2228M CHIP. I REPLACED THE CHIP AND NOW I HAVE AUDIO BUT ITS VERY LOW AND THERES A HIS ON THE HEADPHONES, MY QUESTION IS DOES ANYONE KNOW WHERE I SHOULD LOOK TO TRY AND FIX THIS ISSUE. I CAN HEAR STATIONS BUT THERE IS NO MID OR LOW RANGE JUST HI'S. IVE TRIED TO FIND A SCHEMATIC FOR THIS RADIO ON LINE BUT THE ONLY ONE I CAN FIND IS PRINTED WITH VERY LITE INK, NOTHING READABLE. ANY HELP WOULD APRECIATED.

GARY
AE1CT