Re: The issues of the TDA2822

Rahul Srivastava

Hi!

Farhan already knows this story of mine regarding 2822's. Recently I made a simple  low noise receiver. Seeing the specs and after a nice discussion with Farhan I used this chip. Bought 10 pcs of them ie 5 each from 2 different shops locally, read as typical far east device manufacturer unheard of.

2 created virtual short and the holy smoke, 2 of them had lot of hiss, 1 was very peaceful silent , dead silence, rest of them had low gain AF level whatever. I had an old original St chip about 10 years old in my junk box I installed it and everything became fine..

Moral of the story :  Lot of sub standard stuff is out there these days.

73

Rahul VU3WJM