TDA2822 Audio problem #ubitx #tda2822

Jason Schlager

Assembled my ubitx last week and after a demonstration last night in front of some boy scouts one of the parents complained of a loud tone coming from the speaker.  So I busted out my cell phone and fired up the Spectroid app mentioned in another post.  There is definitely a 9khz tone coming out of the speaker.  Its does change intensity when changing volume but it is a good 3 times the volume of all other audio coming out of the speaker. I have the MX TDA2822 chip. I rerouted the wires going to the volume control pot and to speaker without any positive changes. Any suggestions on how to clear this up or just swap the chip or build an alternate audio amp circuit or filter it out?  Just looking for some recommendations on how to attack this problem.

Jason Schlager
KM6AUS