Re: F R A G M E N T A T I O N !

Michael Hagen

I was on a Big Big Pic list 30 years ago.  It got confusing too.  I like the fact most put uBit or BitX in the subject, that's a must.

The Pic List had a rule to put OT "Off Topic" in the subject if it was not specific?

Maybe just a few rules for the Subject line may allow folks to erase stuff they don't want?

Of course, just a few simple rules.  Too many rules that are complicated will just make things worse.

73's Mike, WA6ISP

On 3/13/2018 8:07 AM, Vince Vielhaber wrote:

On 03/13/2018 10:06 AM, Dennis Zabawa wrote:
This group is SSLLLOOOWWWWLLLLYYY being fragmented into disparate topics:

  * Original BITX20 Design
  * Original BITX40 Design
  * Basic uBITX Implementation Problems
  * Simple uBITX Upgrades
  * Complex uBITX Upgrades
  * Arduino IDE & Programming Issues
  * (Add Your Own Topic Here)

It is becoming more and  more difficult to find an answer to a specific
question or to even follow any one thread!  This is often exacerbated by
a shift in thread content that is in no way related to the original
topic title.

Is there a way to improve the structure of this group?  Suggestions??????

Sure there is.  Move it to a forum.  I like forums but I'm not convinced this group is broken.  99% of the posts are easy to tell what they're about (B20, B40, uB, BS, ...).  If you're having a problem discerning that, it probably means you're not used to the other products.  Perhaps the web interface and the provided search facilities would help you.

Vince.

--
Mike Hagen, WA6ISP
10917 Bryant Street