Re: uBITX Firmware CEC Version Added WSPR function, I am looking for a beta tester. #ubitx

Ian Lee

Carlos.
Excellent, Congratulations sent wspr, also Thanks for finding the bug.
I confirmed your callsign at wsprnet.org. The 10 watt output is awesome.
In the next release I'll fix the bug you found and upload it.

Ian KD8CEC

Hello Ian,
BPF are working ok now! As you can check IK2YRA on wsprnet.

 It takes me a while to found a delta between Master calibration (175000)and WSPR calibration (149000) i write it to the ubitx and  everything was perfect, so i saved the config as a file .btx to back up.
But it was impossible to have the wspr cal parameter back on his bitx's Manager field reading from ubtx.
I try to read it even loading my file .btx, but no way.  The field turns to have the Master Cal value (175000).
It seem to "stay alive" on ubitx's memory but if read it from ubitx and then write it back... you loose the wspr cal value.
Hope i been understandable.
This is the only bug that I found.
Thanks for your great JOB!
Carlos IK2YRA

Philip, Carlos and all

For the WSPR Beta version. Since the HEX file and the uBITX Manager link are in the thread, I send mail from here.
I posted uBITX Firmware (KD8CEC Version) which can beta test WSPR function.
(Version : 1.51W)

It does not use any device to send WSPR the such as the previous version. Only one uBITX board is required.
(A wristwatch within 5 seconds of the error range is also required.)

The problem with previous versions was that the Band Pass filter was not applied properly and the frequency was transmitted outside the WSPR band.
But Philip did the testing in ways I never thought. It is calculated by wrong frequency and entered directly.
The people who saw it in the BITX group succeeded in sending the WSPR according to Philip's method.

It looks like the problem has now been resolved.
The BPF problem was my mistake, and the frequency problem was the calibration problem.

As a result of applying Master Calibration already set in uBITX to new logic, we confirmed that WSPR is transmitted at the correct frequency.

The picture below shows the test pictures at 630M (474,200hz) and 10M (28,124,600Hz).

Before writing this article, Gerald saw the article I edited on my blog and made the test and it succeeded.

I think the WSPR implementation is not so difficult because there are already a lot of open source. I just apply the source code.
Rather, I think the test is more difficult. That's why I am so grateful to those who test me.

Please let me know your test result and I will check it on wsprnet.org and capture it.

Ian KD8CEC

Hello Ian.

Is the WSPR frequency calculator in uBITX manager working correctly. Or is the uBITX transmitting on the wrong side band ?.
I would like test the update when you have done it.

Philip G7JUR

--
Best 73
KD8CEC / Ph.D ian lee