Here is a fix for the audio chip heating. It involves a very
simple 7806 voltage regulator mounted on the back of the board.
Hi ubitxer's, I received, I mounted and calibrated my ubitx
these days, here in Brazil. And the results:
1) Low volume of the signals received in the speaker, being
necessary to increase the volume at the maximum for some weak
2) TDA2822 FIC heating when it receives some signal measured
around 45º Celsius.
3) When I connect the speaker output to another external
amplifier everything is normal.
1) Replacement of the FIC TDA2822 by Av2822P manufacturer
Avic (used in pc sound) which is also warming up.
2) Installed socket dil 08 on the board for possible
1) Measurements of the components around the AV2822P. OK
2) Test with 1Khz @ 1.5Vp signal injector at the amplifier
input (pin 7) Ok
3) Test with rf generator (strong signal on the speaker) Ok
I am believing that the problem may be in the RF step of
73 from Junior