Re: ubitx case mount question regarding micro USB connector raduino

Tom Christian

Thanks for the good feedback!  The cable Jack shows is the one I have on order.  I'm still figuring out where the best place to mount it will be (for both function and looks).  Either on the back panel near the antenna connector (away from the heat of the final transistors which are mounted to the case but isolated) or on the front panel somewhere or Don's idea of a small slot on the side.  The only problem with the front is the screws will show unless I find another method to fasten rather than the screws.  I like John's idea of coiling the cable rather than crimping if the foot and a half cable length won't cause any radio interference problems.  Sounds like it must be working OK for you, Jack.  Is yours 18 inches?
Thanks!
Tom
AB7WT