Re: #uBITX Firmware KD8CEC - IF-Shift etc. #ubitx

Jerry Gaffke

If receive works great then you don't have a calibration issue.

Have you tried transmitting CW?
If CW works, it means the problem lies somewhere between the microphone and the first mixer at D1,D2
If CW does not work (and receive does) then the problem lies between the first mixer and the antenna jack.

Have you tried other bands?  Could be a bad band switch relay.

Jerry

On Sun, Mar 11, 2018 at 08:43 pm, Guy N7BIR wrote:
Ian, you made the statement “The uBitX cannot be used if the BFO calibration has not been performed”. So if the calibration hasn’t been done how will the radio perform?  Reason I ask is I completely lost my transmit. Receive works great. The finals are in good shape. Would not doing the BFO calibration have any effect on transmit? Thanks,