Re: #uBITX Firmware KD8CEC - IF-Shift etc. #ubitx

Jerry Gaffke

I think I was wrong in my previous post, shifting the value of SECOND_OSC_USB won't help.
The audio frequencies through the crystal filter should be strictly a matter of where the BFO is relative to
the crystal filter passband.  I can't explain why USB audio would be different than LSB audio.

I'm not quite sure what you mean by "IF Shift function".
Can you give an example?

Jerry

On Sat, Mar 10, 2018 at 11:59 am, Mike Woods wrote:
The IF Shift function should only be applied during RX, but it sounds like it is being applied during TX in error in KD8CEC's sketch.  Probably a bug.

However, the op shouldn't be using the IF Shift permanently, he may not have used the BFO calibration function to fix the shift for LSB & USB for the correct passband.