I agree with Hans and I think when the common sense fail a reminder as this a very good option for the health of the blog and the group relationship.
This is a monthly reminder of guidelines for posting to the QRP Labs group. Keep these guidelines in mind when posting to the group.
- Remember your email goes to up to 2500 people - so ask yourself, is it something you really want 2500 people to see?
- Before asking a question, please ensure you have read the relevant manuals and web pages thoroughly, to see if your question is already answered somewhere.
- Also check the FAQs http://qrp-labs.com/faq and http://qrp-labs.com/qcx/faq
- Don't write about your kit arriving. Send that to sales@... instead - where it is compiled into statistics published here http://qrp-labs.com/shipping
- For any questions about shipping or your order, please email sales@... instead
- In the event of any missing or damaged component, please email sales@... instead
- Please don't write "Happy Christmas", "Happy New Year" etc messages - it's very nice of you but imagine if all 2500 members wrote it...
- It is nice and friendly, to provide your name and callsign - or if you wish, you can add a photograph and whatever details you like, to your profile: https://groups.io/account?page=profile&profilesubid=0
- Ideally label the subject with a tag in square brackets e.g. [QCX] to help people who may wish to set up filtering.
- If you are asking for help with a problem, please provide as much information as possible about your problem; "Doctor I feel sick" never helps the doctor to diagnose much, without a lot of further questions; it saves time and messages, if you provide as much information as you can at the outset.
- If you change the topic of a thread, please edit the subject line or start a new thread, to keep the content and subject lines relevant.
- Remember, a lot of people in the group are hobbyists trying to help other hobbyists for free and in their own spare time.
- If you find the volume of emails too high, remember that you could also configure your group membership to send you "daily digest" emails, collecting all posts for a day into one; or you can configure it to group 12 posts in one email.
Thanks & 73