Re: Pulling Arduino data apart

Arv Evans

Sometimes I wonder how many of those who are new to BITX, Raduino, etc.
are becoming confused by discussions of "big-endian", "little-endian", and "non-endian"
by thinking that this affects how they do programming for Ardunio boards?  While the
discussion is informative and educational it does not apply if one just wants to
use the Arduino IDE, or GCC compiler with some other IDE.  Those particular IDE's
handle the endian issue by making it a non-issue for persons using Arduino and AVR
focused tools.

Arv  K7HKL
_._

On Sat, Mar 10, 2018 at 9:17 AM, Jerry Gaffke via Groups.Io <jgaffke@...> wrote:

The Wikipedia entry is a much better starting point than my previous stackoverflow conversation:
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Endianness
Also this, do a search for "endian":
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lilliput_and_Blefuscu

Jerry, KE7ER

On Fri, Mar 9, 2018 at 01:02 pm, Jerry Gaffke wrote:

Here's a starting point on web resources regarding this big/little endian stuff in case you're curious.