Re: U1 fried

Jerry Gaffke

There's a photo at the end of that webpage where I can just barely read a "CX" logo on their problematic TDA2822.
So WX and CX are perhaps best avoided?
I have no idea who "CX" is, though possible what I am seeing is a clone of a Sony part number? (google Sony CX767)

Perhaps Steve could tell us more about how those parts are marked.

Jerry, KE7ER

On Thu, Mar 1, 2018 at 02:23 pm, G1KQH wrote:
Recently I found some TDA2822's on ebay from China, I got the GQRP club to purchase a batch ( I bought 50 too ). Tony Fishpool (G4WIF) setup up a test and found although they worked well at low Volts they got hot over 7V!:
His findings are made public here on his website here: http://www.fishpool.org.uk/audioamp.htm
Food for thought!
73 Steve
GQRP 11049