Re: TDA2822 ill treatment test! Photo of blown TDA

Michael Aiello

Mine failed immediately after apply power to the board after wiring up the power connector. Nothing else was connected. There was a loud crack, and a puff of magic smoke, then silence.
Photos  of failed chip look similar.
I think the chip may have been already replaced once on the board before I got it - see the soldering of the chip pins vs. the soldering ot the other surrounding connections. Looks like it was manually soldered to me. These photos were taken before I replaced the bad chip with a socket, but after the failure happen.
Probably one or more bad chips involved, the replacement in the socket has been completely well behaved.

73
Mike N2HTT