Re: uBit Software

Mike Woods

Mike

It sounds like you haven't yet ventured into the menu system!

Push the encoder (tune) button and turn the dial.   Wow!

It is pretty self-explanatory, except for the Settings menu.  Select the settings menu, and wait for it to return to the normal mode (not menu mode).  Press the encoder button again, and lo and behold you will find a whole lot more menu items when you turn the dial.

Hope this helps!

There are a number of references in the code to Farhan's original (including the pot which has never been in the production uBITx).  However, virtually the entire code has been rewritten by Ian.

Mike ZL1AXG

On 2/03/18 5:54 PM, Michael Hagen wrote:

Wow, I can't believe the code he came up with.   What a Whiz he must be!  To compile the code you have to put it in a folder with the main name same as the ino file.  But, you have to know the that name?  Jack came up with ubitx_20.  It worked.

So the VFOs can be on other bands?  You can change bands by picking the other VFO?   Is there a description of this top line somewhere or do you have to run the configuration manager?  I  looked thru the code, thinking I could find a description of what is on each line.  Could not figure it out much.  Also in the code he discusses a pot for tuning?   Might be old stuff?

Thanks for the help,  I will look for the configuration manager.

Mike

On 3/1/2018 8:36 PM, Mike Woods wrote:
Mike

You obviously got the software to install on your uBITx!

That 14.150k is the frequency of your other VFO (if you are on VFO A then that is the frequency of VFO B).  This is handy if you are working SPLIT which is provided for in the KD8CEC software.  A real contesting feature especially for 40m ...

If you also download the Windows (or Linux) software developed by Ian KD8CEC called "UBitx Manager" - see the link on ubitx.net homepage, then you can configure this top line how you want it.   From memory that includes putting your callsign there  if you are sufficiently vain Hi Hi!

73 Mike ZL1AXG

On 2/03/18 5:21 PM, Michael Hagen wrote:

Thanks Jack,

Putting in a folder with the same name made it compile and load.

I don't have any thing hooked up, just on USB power.

First line of the LCD says "14.150k  50Hz ST"

Second says "  CW: 7.150.000"

No wires hooked up, I wonder what 14.150K means.

Might be a place to put call sign?  So it is garbage from eeprom?

TNX

Mike, WA6ISP

On 3/1/2018 6:15 PM, Michael Hagen wrote:

That file error ed on compile for me.  I had it all in the same directory, but not named that.

I knew that there was no way these files could all link, or know of each other.

I like programming, never could understand where the rules are for the environment.

Thanks, I just think this stuff should follow standard Arduino protocol,  just one big file?

That's what made it so popular "C for Dummies".

Thanks Jack

Dinner and then back to it?

Mike, WA6ISP

On 3/1/2018 6:01 PM, Jack Purdum via Groups.Io wrote:
The file with setup() and loop() becomes the "main" INO file. I believe that file is named ubitx_20.ino. This means you must place all of those files in a directory named ubitx_20. Personally, I wish Lee had not done it this way since making them all INO files means that no type checking is performed on functions during the compile. It would be better to keep the one INO file and rename the others to *.cpp (i.e., C++) files, which would reinstate type checking.

Jack, W8TEE