Re: uBit Software

Michael Hagen

Thanks Jack,

Putting in a folder with the same name made it compile and load.

I don't have any thing hooked up, just on USB power.

First line of the LCD says "14.150k  50Hz ST"

Second says "  CW: 7.150.000"

No wires hooked up, I wonder what 14.150K means.

Might be a place to put call sign?  So it is garbage from eeprom?

TNX

Mike, WA6ISP

On 3/1/2018 6:15 PM, Michael Hagen wrote:

That file error ed on compile for me.  I had it all in the same directory, but not named that.

I knew that there was no way these files could all link, or know of each other.

I like programming, never could understand where the rules are for the environment.

Thanks, I just think this stuff should follow standard Arduino protocol,  just one big file?

That's what made it so popular "C for Dummies".

Thanks Jack

Dinner and then back to it?

Mike, WA6ISP

On 3/1/2018 6:01 PM, Jack Purdum via Groups.Io wrote:
The file with setup() and loop() becomes the "main" INO file. I believe that file is named ubitx_20.ino. This means you must place all of those files in a directory named ubitx_20. Personally, I wish Lee had not done it this way since making them all INO files means that no type checking is performed on functions during the compile. It would be better to keep the one INO file and rename the others to *.cpp (i.e., C++) files, which would reinstate type checking.

Jack, W8TEE