Re: uBit Software

Jack, W8TEE

Actually, you must name the directory holding the source files with the name of the primary INO file. It's an Arduino thing! Actually, by making all of the files an INO-type files is how the compiler can make sense of things, as it effectively combines all of the files together into one huge file for compiling. However, when a bug occurs, it's like trying to untangle an open-faced spinning reel after a bad cast. Fortunately, Lee knows what he's doing and can cope with those issues quite easily.

Jack, W8TEE

From: Michael Hagen <motdog@...>
To: BITX20@groups.io
Sent: Thursday, March 1, 2018 9:15 PM
Subject: Re: [BITX20]uBit Software

That file error ed on compile for me.  I had it all in the same directory, but not named that.
I knew that there was no way these files could all link, or know of each other.
I like programming, never could understand where the rules are for the environment.
Thanks, I just think this stuff should follow standard Arduino protocol,  just one big file?
That's what made it so popular "C for Dummies".
Thanks Jack
Dinner and then back to it?
Mike, WA6ISP

On 3/1/2018 6:01 PM, Jack Purdum via Groups.Io wrote:
The file with setup() and loop() becomes the "main" INO file. I believe that file is named ubitx_20.ino. This means you must place all of those files in a directory named ubitx_20. Personally, I wish Lee had not done it this way since making them all INO files means that no type checking is performed on functions during the compile. It would be better to keep the one INO file and rename the others to *.cpp (i.e., C++) files, which would reinstate type checking.

Jack, W8TEE