Re: U1 fried

Michael Hagen

I wonder if a small light bulb. like the old standby #47 could protect a speaker short.

Maybe some type fast lo-mass fast Thermistor?   Something that has small resistance, but goes up quickly with a short.

Just thinking crazy.

Mike, WA6ISP

On 2/28/2018 4:06 PM, Clark Martin wrote:
The chip is rated to work with a 4Ω load so a 4Ω resistor should do.  I doubt the chip would blow so fast that FB fuse wouldn’t protect it.

Clark Martin
KK6ISP

On Feb 28, 2018, at 4:00 PM, Jerry Gaffke via Groups.Io <jgaffke@...> wrote:

Better be a pretty darn fast fuse.

I'll go with an 8 ohm 1/2 watt series resistor to limit current.
At least till I find a good source for TDA2822M chips.
I'm fairly certain that resistor will offer sufficient protection.

--
Mike Hagen, WA6ISP
10917 Bryant Street