From: BITX20@groups.io [mailto:BITX20@groups.io] On Behalf Of Clark Martin
Sent: Wednesday, February 28, 2018 6:03 PM
To: BITX20@groups.io
Subject: Re: [BITX20] U1 fried

The TDA2822D in effect replaces the “M” version.  It appears the same except it’s an SMD part.  You can get SMD to through hole adapter boards that would let you use one with the µBitX.  It would likely be cheaper than buying the “M” version.

An example of the adapter board:

And plug headers to plug them into an IC socket (or solder in).

Clark Martin

KK6ISP

On Feb 28, 2018, at 2:49 PM, Jerry Gaffke via Groups.Io <jgaffke@...> wrote:

So where did you get your spare TDA2822M's?

The TDA2822M is $7 for two on ebay, quite expensive for what it is.
Mainline distributors like Mouser and Digikey say it's discontinued.
ST no longer makes it, sources may be drying up.

My uBitx has a part on it marked "TDA2822M" but no ST logo, not sure who makes it.