Re: U1 fried

Jerry Gaffke

I'm glad that works for you.
But when concocting a recommended solution across thousands of rigs,
we'd best somehow make the rig survive an audio short to ground.
Or this forum will getting traffic about fried TDA2822M's for years to come.

On Wed, Feb 28, 2018 at 10:55 am, Thomas Sharka wrote:
I just wired the stereo jack as a mono jack. The signal goes to the tip and the ground goes to the sleeve. The ring isn't connected. Now when I plug in a pair of stereo headphones, I only get one channel, but if I plug in a mono jack, I get sound. When I swap plugs, the short never happens.