Re: U1 fried

Thomas Sharka

I just wired the stereo jack as a mono jack. The signal goes to the tip and the ground goes to the sleeve. The ring isn't connected. Now when I plug in a pair of stereo headphones, I only get one channel, but if I plug in a mono jack, I get sound. When I swap plugs, the short never happens.

Sent from Yahoo Mail. Get the app

On Wednesday, February 28, 2018 1:49 PM, Walter <W9KJO@...> wrote:

So what is the universal fix?  if a mono jack is plugged into a stereo jack on another electronic device it does not destroy the audio output of those devices.

How do they prevent damage on many other devices with stereo jacks?

--
73, W9KJO
Walter