From: BITX20@groups.io [mailto:BITX20@groups.io] On Behalf Of Walter
Sent: Wednesday, February 28, 2018 6:16 AM
To: BITX20@groups.io
Subject: Re: [BITX20] U1 fried

On Wed, Feb 28, 2018 at 04:08 am, DrZ wrote:

Last night while trying various speakers, smoke started rolling out of my uBitx.  The audio IC U1 was fried.  I'm assuming the audio line shorted while inserting plugs.  They are cheap (5 for $6) and I'll install a socket for easy replacement.  But a word of warning.....
Howard K4LXY

i Noticed the volume switch has an on/off switch built into it.  perhaps I will connect this in line with the speaker jack and turn it off before plugging and unpluggings speakers and stuff.

--
73, W9KJO
Walter