Re: Erratic tuning with my new uBitx

Jerry Gaffke

As you rotate the encoder shaft, the enocder alternately grounds ENC_A and then ENC_B.
The timing in how it shorts one and then the other tells the Raduino which direction you are turning the shaft.
So this grounding is not an error.
You should see a regular pattern of 5v and 0v on those pins as you turn the shaft, and the two patterns should look very similar (just slightly shifted in time)

On Sun, Feb 25, 2018 at 07:34 pm, DrZ wrote:
It does seem weird that I would have this problem even with the original sketch.  I'll try the test you suggest.  Are you saying that the occasional short to ground is an error?