Re: Looking for Completely Functional Dual-Band 20/(17/15/10/6) Meter QRP Rig with SSB/PSK #bitx20help

Art Howard

 This is a really easy rig to put together.
 A friend of mines 9 year old granddaughter put together a Ubitx.

On 24 Feb 2018 11:13 am, "Mark via Groups.Io" <mboston72=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
Hello Folks,

I'm a newbie. I just got my HAM license.

For the last two weeks I've been looking around for a small, portable QRP rig, that has SSB phone & PSK31. An ideal rig would be a dual-band with 20 & 17/15/10/6 meters.

I haven't been able to find one, other than a rig from Russia that doesn't have much support, as far as documentation.

I notice there is plenty of documentation on the BITX. However, I'm not so technically inclined. I could study before I put one of these together. Yet, I have lots of things going on right now, & would rather not have to put a kit together for my first radio. At this point I'd just like to get on the air & start practicing.

What I'd like to do is just purchase a kit that has bee completely assembled. However, there are no assembled BITXs with these specs that I could find.

Does anyone know if these are available fully assembled?

I realize this is an email list for people who construct their own BITX kits. Yet, I thought it would be a good start to find out if this is possible.

If not, are there HAMs who would put one together for me if I paid them?

I was thinking about placing an AD on craigslist, or in one of the classified sub-forums on a ham website.

Your suggestions are much appreciated.

Thanks,

Mark