There is a #define in the Lib to change Pulses.

73's

Mike, WA6ISP

On 2/20/2018 10:26 AM, Jack Purdum via Groups.Io wrote:
Some encoders throw 4 pulses per detent. You just have to experiment a little.

Jack, W8TEE

From: Arv Evans <arvid.evans@...>
To: BITX20@groups.io
Sent: Tuesday, February 20, 2018 1:15 PM
Subject: Re: [BITX20] Replacing the Rotary Encoder #ubitx

John  W5NNH

Your post highlights a situation that has come up before.  Some builders seem
to like the smooth feel of a big heavy knob with no detents on their rotary
encoders.  Others seem to prefer the solid positioning feel of a rotary encoder
with detents.

My personal experience is that the non-detent encoders sometimes slip a
setting or two when pushing the knob to activate the switch on the same
shaft.  If using a separate switch then the non-detent encoders work fine.

Some of the encoders I purchased from Ebay suppliers have one-step-per-
detent, and others have two-steps-per-detent.  This was confusing until I
realized what was happening and added a line of code to swallow one step
on the two-steps-per-detent encoders.

Arv   K7HKL
_._

On Tue, Feb 20, 2018 at 9:42 AM, John Kemker <kemkerj3@...> wrote:
My junque box has a Keyes rotary encoder mounted on a small PCB with DuPont compatible header attached.  On the back are two 10k SMD resistors.  I like the Keyes better because it has detents when you spin it.  Should I be able to directly replace the stock encoder with it?  It, too, has a center-push switch.  Five lines out:  CLK, DT, SW, +, SW.
--

73 de W5NNH

--
Mike Hagen, WA6ISP