Re: Variable power control

Jerry Gaffke

You can adjust power out using RV1.
Fully clockwise is minimum power (it's backwards).

You can also adjust power out by adjusting the voltage into the PA supply connector pin
Most rigs just have that connected to 12v.
You could go up to 24v (and get nearly 4x the power out) if you improve the IRF510 heatsinks.

On Tue, Feb 20, 2018 at 05:51 am, Walter wrote:
Do I need to adjust the power to the whole transceiver or just the PA Power?  I notice that the power connector has a PA supply on it.  Can I regulate the PA power and control the power output of the rig?