Re: rv2- messed up setting and txing like mad!!!

M Garza <mgarza896@...>

Hi Alan,
All is not lost.  Let's check a few things first.  One at a time.
You said that the display is pulsing when connected to the main board but is fine when connected to a computer.  What is the voltage going to the main board?  It almost sounds like there is not enough power going to the radio or the regulator in the power supply went bad.  What are the power supply specs?

Check the voltage regulator on the Raduino, is it close to 5v?

Let's start here.  Once we have the Raduino sorted, we will continue on.

Marco - KG5PRT

On Feb 20, 2018 8:47 AM, <mm0wxt@...> wrote:
I had it all up and running on receive working great for a week. I then got ahead of myself, over tiredd, and plunged a screwdriver in and messed with RV2&3. Still ok on receive.

Today I twiddled with Rv1, following something I had read earlier. Probably wrongly...grrrrrr... :-(

I then plug in a a cw key, for it to start this fault with the raduino flashing like a bordelo sign. I then notice the 4.7k snapped away from audio connector pin.

I have:
1. Stripped it all out of case
2. replaced 4.7k with new

rv2&1 are fully clockwise

raduino still flashing on and off when plugged into ubitx

Not flashing and all good when plugged into usb and pc

No idea what I have done!

What is the safest position to turn rv1,2,3 to ? My instinct is raduino regulator blown due to resistor malfunction? I am a complete newbie at this. please be patient...

Many thanks

Alan