Re: Variable power control

Walter

I am very new to UBITX.  Just putting mine together.

I want to use this for digital modes as well and need to lower the output power to 5w for use with my amp.

Has anyone actually put any of these suggestions to work?

Do I need to adjust the power to the whole transceiver or just the PA Power?  I notice that the power connector has a PA supply on it.  Can I regulate the PA power and control the power output of the rig?

I am thinking about a three position switch on the front panel with targets of 3w/5w/full power.

Is there a good solution for this problem.  BTW I am not an EE guy either.  I am a ham radio hobbyist so please make the answer simple.  LOL