Re: New ideas for the Audio TX/RX pop and PA output stage improvements on ubitx.net

Jerry Gaffke

History with the Bitx40 doesn't mean much if we're building a LPF for 30mhz.
Especially if we get the power up to 20 or 30 Watts.
But after poking around some I think brand name np0/c0g's from reputable vendors should be fine,
you don't want junk.  Smaller caps in parallel are a good idea if experiencing trouble with currents.

This guy seem to know what he's doing.  His 1.5kW 30mhz LPF uses a the "1kV type MC22 Mica Capacitor",
perhaps Mouser 598-MC22FF101J-TF.  Can get them at a reasonable price if you want to take this to extremes..
  http://w6pql.com/a_1.5kw_lpf_for_160-6m.htm

Jerry, KE7ER

On Sun, Feb 18, 2018 at 12:06 am, Jerry Gaffke wrote:
I think most builders just try some np0's and if they get warm then replace with a bunch of smaller value caps in parallel.
I'm not aware of any Bitx40 LPF caps blowing out, and I doubt they are anything special.