Re: New Build Project

Eric KE6US

I use  big blunt upholstery needles. Just twist one end  of the wire on. Thread it through the toroid, then just let it drop from gravity. It'll weight the end down while you sort out kinks, etc., then pick up the end and drop it though again. Sometimes I'll stand while I'm working if the wire is long. It goes very fast once you get a rhythm going.

Eric KE6US

On 2/16/2018 3:25 PM, tom.af4hl@... wrote:
I'm just starting a new BITX20 3C/3B build.  First impression: working with #32 wire to wind toroids is like working with spider silk.  It's doable, but I'm not sure how :P

“Beethoven tells you what it's like to be Beethoven and Mozart tells you what it's like to be human. Bach tells you what it's like to be the universe.”
― Douglas Adams