From: "Jerry Gaffke via Groups.Io" <jgaffke@...>
Date: 2/15/18 5:16 PM (GMT-07:00)
To: BITX20@groups.io
Subject: Re: [BITX20] RD16HHF1 in the uBITX #ubitx

In the case of the uBitx and Bitx40 we use the IRF510 FET's to turn off
the PA power by shutting down the gate bias voltage source during receive.
Drain current should be zero.

On Thu, Feb 15, 2018 at 02:43 pm, Arv Evans wrote:
For power conservation it is possible to use a power FET to turn OFF voltage
to the RF PA section during receive mode.  Turn the switch device on with
+TX power and off when this goes to ground.  I used an IRF510 because
I have some spares.