From: BITX20@groups.io [mailto:BITX20@groups.io] On Behalf Of Arv Evans
Sent: Thursday, February 15, 2018 4:43 PM
To: BITX20@groups.io
Subject: Re: [BITX20] RD16HHF1 in the uBITX #ubitx

Hello

For power conservation it is possible to use a power FET to turn OFF voltage
to the RF PA section during receive mode.  Turn the switch device on with
+TX power and off when this goes to ground.  I used an IRF510 because

I have some spares.

Arv
_._

On Thu, Feb 15, 2018 at 3:26 PM, Jerry Gaffke via Groups.Io <jgaffke@...> wrote:

The FET's are more linear with a high quiescent current.
Though the WA2EBY gets away with 10ma quiescent drain currents into the IRF510's
which is a considerably less linear device than the RD16HHF1's.
If planning on portable use, I'd definitely try something less than 500ma.

On Thu, Feb 15, 2018 at 01:20 pm, John wrote:

I will then leave the idle PA current near 500mA per device despite the current drain.