Re: RD16HHF1 in the uBITX #ubitx

Arv Evans

Hello

For power conservation it is possible to use a power FET to turn OFF voltage
to the RF PA section during receive mode.  Turn the switch device on with
+TX power and off when this goes to ground.  I used an IRF510 because
I have some spares.

Arv
_._

On Thu, Feb 15, 2018 at 3:26 PM, Jerry Gaffke via Groups.Io <jgaffke@...> wrote:
The FET's are more linear with a high quiescent current.
Though the WA2EBY gets away with 10ma quiescent drain currents into the IRF510's
which is a considerably less linear device than the RD16HHF1's.
If planning on portable use, I'd definitely try something less than 500ma.

On Thu, Feb 15, 2018 at 01:20 pm, John wrote:
I will then leave the idle PA current near 500mA per device despite the current drain.