Re: Smoking Genie

John 2e0eii

Thanks Marco for your reply a big help

On 15/02/18 22:11, M Garza wrote:
Hi John,
It is a double sided board.
I would just remove the resistor and put in a 1/2 watt in its place.  Also, check the transistor (Q14) to make sure it didnt sacrifice itself also.

Good luck

Marco - KG5PRT

On Thu, Feb 15, 2018 at 4:02 PM, John 2e0eii <2e0eii@...> wrote:
Hi Guys

can you give me some help i have popped R141 ,whilst working a station near Inverness who gave me 5/8/9 ,

Then Smoke !! luckily R141 let go ,

I would like to replace with a bigger value Resister by drilling 2 holes through the board to support the Resister with solder..

My question is : is the b40 board single or double printed circuit, my unit is shoehorned into its cabinet i don't want to pull it all out to find out ,

and don't want to do any more damage,

--
Regards John 2E0Eii

--