Re: Aluminum enclosure

Clark Martin

#1 https://powerwerx.com/powerpole-connector-chassis-mount-4

and

#2 https://powerwerx.com/anderson-1462g1-powerpole-mounting-clamp

both work quite well.

I haven’t found one yet that is as nice looking as #1 but only one pair (for power input to equipment).

One hint for #2, while they are frequently shown with the clamp on the exterior of a panel, they work equally well on the interior and look nicer that way.

Clark Martin
KK6ISP

On Feb 13, 2018, at 4:42 PM, Simon Rumble <simon@...> wrote:

Hey Dave that's a beautiful rig. Nice work!

How do you panel mount the power poles? I'm just getting started with them and I haven't seen any panel mount versions. So how do you keep them in place? Is it something like this product? (Those are cheap but the postage to Australia is ruinous)

On Tue, 13 Feb 2018 at 09:25 Dave Bottom <ars.kd6az@...> wrote:
Here is mine in the Hammond 1402DV (V for Vented since the heat sinks are inside.)

<Mentor-Knobs.jpg>
<Rear-View.jpg>
​It's tight with the Volume Control mounted in between the display and the extrusion. So the PCB is mounted as close as you can get to the right side extrusion, then mark for the display and pot, with the encoder centered between the display and right side.

I used my own connectors for Mic, Headphones and Paddle plus Power Pole power connection all on the rear panel with the BNC antenna connector.

Room to later mount a USB cable as shown, I would have centered the Power Pole connector with the USB rear panel connection.
<USB-Cable-Interface.jpg>

Dave WI6R

On Mon, Feb 12, 2018 at 5:24 AM, John KC9OJV <greusel@...> wrote:
I ordered one of these: https://www.hammfg.com/part/1402D
I'm hoping I can work with the height of the Raduino OK.

John
KC9OJV

--
73 Dave WI6R