Re: uBitX - problem with power draw and failed chip

Michael Aiello

Hey Joel,  thanks for the head's up. I'll look for any possible ground path. The board was sitting on a piece of wood on the bench, it's not likely I shorted a pin, but I'll be more careful.

On Feb 13, 2018 12:41 PM, "Joel Caulkins" <caulktel@...> wrote:
Hey Mike,

I know why it didn't work, it doesn't glow in the dark:-) No seriously folks, that's a bummer. The TDA2822M's speaker output is not referenced to ground and must be isolated from ground. It's a BTL amp. I toasted one first time I used it because I didn't know this. Just a thought.

Joel
N6ALT