Re: R141/Q15

Mike check the R142, it may be open! Then what you describe may happen.

Raj

At 13-02-2018, you wrote:
I too had the now famous R141 getting smokin' hot. At the suggestion of forum members, I replaced Q14 with no success. I read and re-read voltages as well as component values in and around the circuitry. I now have Q14 mounted like a long legged bug vs flush to the board. Although I could see no connection/short from the device case to anywhere on the board, it's the only logical explanation for drawing X amps through R141. Nothing else made sense.