Re: wrong frequency after software change. #ubitx

Ian Lee

Michael.
You seem to be doing a great project with BITX40.
I have never used BITX40, so I can not talk about BITX40.
My EEProm WIPE routine , It runs only once when my firmware is used for the first time.
After that, it will not run again in any case.
As most engineers know, this is to defend against the same problem as the original questioner of the poem.

Each firmware has different eeprom address. Even in the same product, the address of the eeprom used by the version may be different.
So we can put the firmware ID or version value in the eeprom to avoid problems.
So if user are new to my firmware, you should see the message 'Init EEProm' on first boot. And after that, user have not seen it in any case.
(If erase the eeprom frequently, it will not be saved)
But the first questioner has had a problem. This is because the calibration area is not initialized For compatibility.
So, most users can use the firmware without updating the firmware again.

I hope your BITX40 project ends successfully.

Ian KD8CEC

Another strange twist which may be related. I changed a BITX40 rad to uBITX Raduino. Hardware change, you remove the 5 pin plug and put a header in its place. I really looked hard for any other differences in Hardware. Saw none. So, I programed with original software. Crazy, but LSB is USB on 80 and 40 (up to 10mhz) and other than that, seems stable and might be on freq. So, I tried Ians latest 1.01 and LSB is correct, USB is correct, have control also, but freq is off about 400khz. So, found an EEPROM WIPE routine, says it works for all size eproms, and did the wipe. No luck. Still off, I re-loaded the original Ashhar software stil backwards. Thinking I would need to use memory manager but not sure I have the skills. Any ideas ?

On Mon, Feb 12, 2018 at 9:01 AM, at91r40008 <yvon@...> wrote:
Thank you Jack, the problem is that it shows all the same name because it takes the project
name uBitx20. Every project I downloaded has a new folder name but inside
Arduino it shows uBitx20.
That is why I am going to rename them each time I download one.
--
73, Yvon NU6I

--
Michael Shreeve N6GRG