Re: Blown by nearby transceiver #bitx40help

Jerry Gaffke

Very curious.
Blowing R131 and R132 might be due to a very large signal showing up at Q13,
though I would expect Q13 to blow first.

In your first post it says:
    > A quick flash, smoke, and the bitx40 that was only on, no antenna connected, died.
I would think the Bitx40 would have to be in transmit to supply +12v via the TX rail
for R131,R132 to fry.  Perhaps the RF field also managed to turn on PTT somehow?

I find this to be very weird and still unexplained, we appreciate all the photos.
Another photo showing the tuner involved and the physical placement of transceiver, tuner, and Bitx40
would be appreciated.  Also any further information about what was going on when this occurred.

Jerry, KE7ER

On Mon, Feb 12, 2018 at 07:18 am, <edufortes@...> wrote:

I've found another two burned :/    R131 & R132