Re: Blown by nearby transceiver #bitx40help

Gordon Gibby <ggibby@...>

Hi Jack, I hope your response was in jest!

I once gave a four session training package on financial planning to the docs at my institution and I told them the last session would be way off the beaten path, and I actually made a tin hat to wear to start off that session. As usual, my predictions turned out to be mostly completely wrong so far.  Luckily, I never completely believe even myself.

On Feb 12, 2018, at 10:24, Jack Purdum via Groups.Io <jjpurdum@...> wrote:

Fashion a hat with any leftover scraps.
Uncalled for...

Jack, W8TEE

From: Jerry Gaffke via Groups.Io <jgaffke@...>
To: BITX20@groups.io
Sent: Monday, February 12, 2018 10:22 AM
Subject: Re: [BITX20] Blown by nearby transceiver #bitx40help

Those with plastic cases for their Bitx40/uBitx and with nearby high power gear
might line the inside of that case with tinfoil.  Fashion a hat with any leftover scraps.
Jerry, KE7ER

On Sun, Feb 11, 2018 at 09:17 pm, Jerry Gaffke wrote:
I am still quite surprised that enough energy got coupled in to blow the trace.
The traces do form a moderately large loop, a single turn inductor, perhaps that was all it took.
Or perhaps those toroids are not as self shielding as I had figured.