Re: Blown by nearby transceiver #bitx40help

Jerry Gaffke

Those with plastic cases for their Bitx40/uBitx and with nearby high power gear
might line the inside of that case with tinfoil.  Fashion a hat with any leftover scraps.
Jerry, KE7ER

On Sun, Feb 11, 2018 at 09:17 pm, Jerry Gaffke wrote:
I am still quite surprised that enough energy got coupled in to blow the trace.
The traces do form a moderately large loop, a single turn inductor, perhaps that was all it took.
Or perhaps those toroids are not as self shielding as I had figured.