Re: Blown by nearby transceiver #bitx40help
Hi Eduardo --- where on the board do you see BURN MARKS?
That would be the best clue.
I have had both bitX40 and uBitx operating 25-50 feet from 2 WINLINK gateway stations for quite a while now and zero ill effects..... Perhaps RF got into your power wiring? You might give us some more clues by telling us:
1. Does the Raduino display appear normally and still tune frequencies?
2. Does the receiver still tune stations? (that is, does it receive signals from an antenna?)
3. Does the receiver still have the normal "birdies" if it doesn't receive normal signals?
4. If you operate a 2nd receiver nearby, do you hear ANYTHING froom your own transmitted signal?
5. Were you operating with a FUSE and if so, did the fuse blow?
From: BITX20@groups.io <BITX20@groups.io> on behalf of edufortes@... <edufortes@...>
Sent: Saturday, February 10, 2018 9:26 PM
Subject: [BITX20] Blown by nearby transceiver #bitx40help
After doing some tests with the rig, I made the mistake of transmitting near the Bitx40 with an ICOM 725 with a badly isolated tuner,
A quick flash, smoke, and the bitx40 that was only on, no antenna connected, died. No more tranmission or power output.
What components should I start checking or replacing?