Re: Mic element

Tim Young

Michael:

With the Yamaha CM-500, are you using the battery power supply provided with it or direct to the radio?

Thx

Tim WB7UVH

On 2018-02-09 07:12, Michael Babineau wrote:

Jim :

I am not using that specific headset but I have had very good luck with other computer headsets. More specifically I am using a Yahama CM-500 and
a Koss CS-100 Headset with my BITX40 with excellent results. I did try a cheap Logitech one and found that I wasn't getting enough audio from the
microphone. The one thing to be careful of when ordering computer headsets is that many manufacturers make both a USB and conventional dual 3.5mm
jack version of their headsets and you need to make sure that you don't  accidentally order the USB version.

Cheers

Michael VE3WMB

P.S. To use a headset with the uBITX or BITX40 you will want to look into implementing one of the anti-TX/RX Thump mods, otherwise it is murder on the ears !