Re: whistles in receive

Allard PE1NWL

On Mon, Feb 5, 2018 at 07:56 am, Jerry Gaffke wrote:
One of my earliest memories at about 3 years of age, maybe less, is being fascinated
by the console tube radio we had in the living room.
Peering around in back, face pressed against the wall, trying to see what was inside
and figure out how it worked.
Funny, that's exactly one of my earliest memories too.
I used to peek trough the holes in the rear panel. Inside was a mysterious glow and a warm smell came out:

Afbeeldingsresultaat voor Philips B3X92A

One day I turned the dial and strange beeps came out. My dad told me they were messages from saylors far away.
I never lost my fascination for radio waves since.

73 Allard PE1NWL