Re: #ubitx-help Strong Audio Tones in and outside audio receive passband #ubitx-help

Jerry Gaffke

For anything this complicated, a few units will fail in the field, if only due to rough handling through the mails.
The uBitx count is now up in the thousands.
Most uBitx's just work as delivered, no offending tones.

We're still trying to figure out how it is that a handful of rigs are misbehaving,  and how best to fix them.
The initial complaint of audio tones in the audio passband on a couple rigs would be distracting, but the rig might still be usable.
The 13khz tones that John mentions are outside the audio passband, easily filtered if they ever get as far as the headphones.

Jerry

On Sun, Feb 4, 2018 at 10:43 am, Joe Puma wrote:
I’ve been following this post. What does this all mean for a beginner who is waiting on a uBitx? Is there a problem with original design? Are these strong audio tones noticeable or interfering with when using the ubitx straight away?