Re: uBITX drive level.. #ubitx

Rod Davis

Tilman and all,

Per, I think, Raj's suggestion, I change R63 to 11 ohms, and that seems to work well.

0805 parts fit on 1206 pads, and power dissipation is not an issue with an 0805 11ohm.

YMMV

Rod KM6SN

On 02/04/2018 08:18 AM, Tilman D Thulesius wrote:
Jerry

My uBITX has proper 10W output on 80 and 40 meters keydown CW. So I assume the BIAS is set ok.

When trying to get some serious output power (10W) running phone I have to wistle in my mike a lot. I have put RV1 all the way up.
So Im considering moving up the micgain in the mic-amp. How much would be a good starting point on R63. 100ohm ?
/ Tilman SM0JZT