Re: uBITX Firmware (CEC) 0.30 released (Test version). #ubitx

Ian Lee

joe

i saw your posted message on my blog. and Thank you very much for youer suggestion.
Most of the wsjt-x portable work is done. It was a little late because i had to work with uBITX firmware.
Working on this, I found some things that make wsjt-x even more usable for uBITX. i will propose to the wsjt-x team after the work is done.

Now i develop a launcher program to control raspberry pi simply with wsjtx portable.
This would be possible without a keyboard or mouse, assuming a 3.5-inch LCD is attached to uBITX.

I want to create an disk image of raspberry pi 2 and 3, respectively. With this image, users will not need complex RPI setups, libraries and wsjtx installations, wsjt-x portable settings.
Just copy the image file to the sdcard with a utility like win32diskimager.

Your suggestion will help people who want to use wsjt-x in raspberry pi.

Thanks again.

Ian KD8CEC

Excellent!

I like the idea of using a pi as a secondary controller..
Since your cat control in the ubitx emulates ft817 - Using raspi Pi as a touch control by using your modified WSJT-x  should work ..

I am not aware of any other radio software which will fit on a small 3.5 or 5 inch touch display and work on the raspi

Great stuff..

Joe
VE1BWV

On Thu, Feb 1, 2018 at 8:08 PM, Ian Lee <kd8cec@...> wrote:
Joe

Thanks for your interesting.

It will be very interesting. What I am doing right now is not just to control uBITX. Maybe it will be connected to most Transceiver.
This is not my effort, because it is supported by hamlib used by wsjt-x.

So uBITX only protocol is not used.
For example, when switching between VFOA and VFOB,  do not switch uBITX's vfoA / vfoB, I just made it look like this by using the memory stored in the raspberry pi.
Implementation in this way allows you to control most of the communicating radios, but uBITX's merits are gone.
I had a notice from a few weeks ago and I had a little publicity last week.

본문 이미지 1

The above picture is the screen that I am working on now. Perhaps the disk image will be released within a day or two.
In fact, that screen is only a joke compared to the greatness of wsjt-x. I am only making very little changes to my favorite program.
It will be distributed as an SD card image. It will be easier to use.

Thanks agian.

Ian KD8CEC

Ian,

Great work and very much appreciated for sharing your skills...

I have loaded your ubitx software and it is work very well.
It sure is nice to have cat control...

I just received a raspi p3 and a 3.5 and 5 inch touch display
I am also looking forward to applying your Raspi pi touch interfacing with the ubitx and digital software WSJT-X.

Would be nice to have a Pi as the touch control for the Ubitx?

73
Joe
VE1BWV

On Thu, Feb 1, 2018 at 7:11 PM, Ian Lee <kd8cec@...> wrote:
Looks great!!!

I am now making fun with raspberry pi.
As soon as I first received uBITX, Wow! I thought I could make something fun with this.
To do this, the first was to put the basic functions in uBITX. Like a regular radio.
And now I try to do some fun with Raspberry Pi.
I will notify you when it is released.

Ian KD8CEC

Ian,

I'm enjoying the v0.33 and I now have my Raspbery Pi and TFT Touch Screen so I hope to give it a go this weekend to run FT8 with the uBITX!
This will be a new mode for me so an initially steep learning curve all the way around.

Dave WI6R

On Thu, Feb 1, 2018 at 7:40 AM, Ian Lee <kd8cec@...> wrote:
Kari

Thanks for using this firmware.

I worked on uBITX firmware yesterday and customize wsjtx from today. I will introduce something interesting in a few days. If you are using digital mode, it will probably be interesting.

I also love FT8 and JT65

Ian KD8CEC

2018. 2. 1. 오후 5:19에 "Kari Syrjänen" <beaconhunter@...>님이 작성:
Ian's firmwares working great! I have been using then since version 0.25

Now running 0.33 and working 7MHz FT8-mode. Over 350 QSO.s in my logbook

TNX!

Kari OH5YW

--
Best 73