Re: BitX40 v1.27.7 SPOT mode

Allard PE1NWL

Vic,

There's nothing wrong, it's just a matter of rounding.
In SPOT/Fine tune mode, the display shows the actual frequency at 1 Hz
precision. In normal mode the precision is 100 Hz, so we need to round the
number to the nearest 100 Hz.
So if the real frequency (as shown in fine tune mode) is for example
7.254.955 Hz, it will be rounded to 7.255.0 on the display in normal mode.

Rounding is performed as follows:
f(display) = int ( f(actual) + 50 )

73 Allard PE1NWL

On Sat, February 3, 2018 12:33, Vic WA4THR via Groups.Io wrote:
I am using Allard's wonderful v1.27.7 sketch in my BitX40, and because of
an trip planned this weekend was rushing to package it so it could be
used. I have added the PTT sense line, a FCN switch, and a SPOT switch,
and have significantly shortened leads in this final package. Everything
seems to be working well and I was able to use the rig mobile. When I
press SPOT I am able to fine tune in LSB mode very easily, but the
frequency displayed in SPOT mode differs from what the normal display
shows. For example, if I am on 7.255.00 and press SPOT, the display reads
7.254.955, so if I tune that to 7.255.00 and release SPOT I get 7.255.05
on the normal display. Am I doing something wrong? Is there some sort of
offset in LSB SPOT that needs to be adjusted?

73, =Vic=

WA4THR